History on Fair Grove
Fair Grove is located about 14 miles north of Springfield on Highway 65. The 2010 census counted 1,393 citizens. A four lane Highway 65 south to Springfield connects with 4 lanes south to Branson. Consistent growth is the plan for the inhabitants that are proud of 1883 Wommack Mill, school, park and small town style of living with a sense of community.
There are 9 subdivisions underway in the city limits. All city streets are paved and the newer subdivisions have curbs, gutters and sidewalks. The citizens passed a revenue bond issue in 2005 to expand the sewer system that was completed in 2009. Fair Grove Public Water Supply has been established since 1968 and has 3 wells and 3 storage tanks. Water is chlorinated and tested as per DNR regulations. There are around 500 single family homes, and several multi family buildings and duplexes. A Senior Citizen’s housing provides 1 BD apartments for 20. There are 50+ businesses including the historic district. These businesses consists of 3 banks, a supermarket, pharmacy, 2 farm stores, Dollar General, convenience store, O'Reilly Auto parts, several restaurants as well as many others. Nine churches reside within the city limits .